Free Rainbow Tables | Forum

Home of the Distributed Generator and Cracker
It is currently 19 Apr 2014, 13:57

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

PostPosted: 29 Jan 2010, 16:16 
Shoulder Surfer

So I know this conversation has been worn down and talked about a billion times however I wanted to talk about a few things and see if anyone has any input...
So I was able to get the Xserg copy of RCRACK CUDA which uses the CUDA core to generate MD5 tables as well as I have copies of the modifications that someone else wrote to generate using CUDA ntlm, and mysql...
One thing to note for anyone whom has not had experience trying to use these... I have not been able to get the version of rainbowcrack to use any tables I didnt generate using the CUDA generator. I tried many different sets and ran converted them back to rto and even ran them through sorting to ensure that they should be usable... This returned nothing of value...
From speaking with the founder shuanglei about CUDA cracking that you can purchase if you purchase a set of his rainbow tables... He mentioned that RCRACK only works with the CUDA tables when using the CUDA cracker.
So to clarify I am not using his paid version I am using Xserg incase you missed that but I suspect its the same...

Running RainbowCrack using the copy that I have with Xsergs files. When I run it I get the feeling that its not actually using CUDA to run RainbowCrack and instead its using the processor single threaded to try and crack... Can anyone confirm this?

Second I would like to speak about the fact that everyone has avoided developing for CUDA because they are either not C or C++ capable of they dont have time to learn about CUDA programming...
Research shows that if you are trying to develop in Visual Studio there are many plug and play CUDA assistance plugins that should help with developing CUDA programs. At this point I havent had a chance to play with them due to work taking all my time... But I thought I would bring that up and I do plan on playing with it soon. I dont think my MSVL covers the full version of Visual Studio here but I do have express at the moment to play with.
More to come but I encourage everyone to look at this further especially before Fermi comes to game.

The argument I have seen in other places about CUDA being used for Rainbow cracking...
Why would I use RainbowCrack CUDA to run at 90m hashes a second "thats what it can do on a GTS 250 aka 9800 gts" instead of running Cryptohaze multiforcer which 0.7 compiled correctly can do a lot more 400+m/s with thousands of hashes at a time?
Because if you understood what rainbow tables are doing and if RainbowCrack were configured to use the CUDA processing you would be able to pump through hashes faster... Lets examine what takes the longest amount of time when trying to crack a large amount of hashes? The pre-computational piece takes your machine a long time to handle when dealing with a larger volume of hashes. Using a CUDA processor to pump through and generate the hashes for your md5's would save you a lot of time because of the time memory trade off the rainbow tables offer.

Fermi and whats coming next...
So if you havent read about Fermi your missing out because this is going to change the CUDA processing and the future of how its all used.
So what are they adding to the Fermi cards...
First development goes from C in the 200 series cards to C++ in the Fermi 300 series cards. Second they are suppose to be 10 times more powerful due to the double floating point precision being 10 times higher than the 200 series cards. I believe each cluster gets more cache to use, and a whole lot of more options. They are also claiming they will be cheaper because of how cheap they can manufacture these cards.

MS visual studio 2010 is supposedly going to have built in plugins to make Fermi program development as easy as other programing is inside of VS... for those who dont have visual studio and dont know its very point and click and macros built in to make programming really fast and easy. A junior level programmer can be capable of building programs a senior level can write without the assistance of VS.

Post subject:
Posted: 30 Jan 2010, 01:02 

PostPosted: 30 Jan 2010, 01:02 
Dictionary

sapling wrote:
Running RainbowCrack using the copy that I have with Xsergs files. When I run it I get the feeling that its not actually using CUDA to run RainbowCrack and instead its using the processor single threaded to try and crack... Can anyone confirm this?

If I'm not much mistaken, only the generator was supposed to use CUDA, wasn't it? Don't really remember well. You could check your cards temperature. If it rises when running the program ...

PostPosted: 30 Jan 2010, 02:58 
Rainbow Table

why don't you pm "therabbit" on this forum, he is the guy who added support for other Algos and i guess would be the best person to ask.

PostPosted: 24 Nov 2010, 22:38 
Rainbow Table

sapling wrote:
MS visual studio 2010 is supposedly going to have built in plugins to make Fermi program development as easy as other programing is inside of VS... for those who dont have visual studio and dont know its very point and click and macros built in to make programming really fast and easy. A junior level programmer can be capable of building programs a senior level can write without the assistance of VS.

That's not entirely true.

Building code that *runs* on Fermi (or any GPU) isn't hard.

Building code that is *fast* on Fermi (or any GPU, or actually any architecture) is very hard.

You have to have a full understanding of the memory systems, the cores, architectural hazards, etc. It's not an easy problem.

As far as CUDA RT stuff, you should wander over to cryptohaze & take a look. I've got fully CUDA accelerated RT stuff out and about currently.