I guess the first ATI task are in Alpha stage
I ran 3 on a HD5850 (OCd to 850MHz) Dual core Win XP pro 32 and the completed in 65 minutes.
I could only get tasks when I upgraded Boinc Manager from 6.10.58 to 7.0.20
Compared to Moo on the same machine it produce only 66% credits
Moo= 3.28 cr/sec
Distr= 2.26 cr/sec
GPU usage running at 98% but it was running a lot cooler than Moo 72 Deg C to 63 Deg C at Distr
On a second PC a quad Win XP Pro 32 with a HD6750 it completed in 120 minutes.
I noticed it's running only @ 86% GPU usage but when I freed a CPU core it jumped up to 98% GPU
Hope this info will help to improve the ATI app
I've got a pair of 5830s OCed to 1050Mhz core/DCed 300Mhz mem in an A/C cooled box (window unit with duct into case) that are running 20-25C cooler with DistrRTgen WUs (low 30s) then Moo! (mid 50s) or Donate@Home (low 50s). All run 96-99% utilization. Time wise DistrRTgen WUs are right about ~1 hour each (my GTX 295 has OCed shaders to 1720 and are 1 hour 3 mins. each).
Definitely room for optimization. Need 20% improvement to compete with Moo!, and 50% to get to D@H credit levels. Or raise credit on ATI WUs (or all) if optimization can't be improved enough. Otherwise not as many ATIs will crunch here.
And I'm looking forward to this first challenge. Crunch On!